Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DS Carrying Case & Boho Bag

I've been so inspired to sew and make things for others. I am a part of a great group of crafty moms over at Cafe Mom who support eachother and inspire eachother to create. I just wanted to say thank you to all the ladies over in our Craft Cafe board for all of your support and inspiration. I have sewn more in these last few months than I have over the last few years because you inspire me to do so!

My 8 year old turns 9 this weekend, my youngest daughter of my 3 girls. She'll be getting a DS Lite and a couple of new games for it, so I thought I would make her a little carrying case to keep everything in. I did a basic zipper pouch and then added ribbon handles to the outside so she could carry her pouch easily.



I hope she makes good use of this! It should help her keep everything together so nothing gets lost!

I've joined in on a swap over at my craft cafe forums. My swap partner was wanting a boho style sling bag and in return she's making me a painting of a girl with her sewing machine (see logo above) for my craft wall! I am so excited I cant wait to see the finished painting. I finished up her boho bag this evening and love love love how it turned out! I know I'll have to make more of these sometime in the near future!




I like the fabric I picked out for this bag, Im hoping my swap partner likes it also! For my next bag I may go bigger print and see how that looks. I added a magnetic snap closure to the inside, I just like the idea of being able to close a bag so nothing falls out too easily, and for my next bag I may add a couple of pockets.

But until then, I still have a knit scarf to work up, a custom heart pillow hanging, and a scrap strip carrying case for my mother in law for her ds lite!

3 comments:

  1. Tell her "Happy Birthday" and she's a lucky little girl to be getting such a cute bag! Your swap partner is going to love her bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the DS carrying case and the boho bag. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carrying case is super cute! I love the pink on the inside! The swap bag is great! I made a bag like that to carry all my junk to work, they are great!

    ReplyDelete